- When did you start playing?
I started playing afterschool basketball for Montrose Primary when I was 7 years old and then played for Montrose Vikings when I was 8. Then at 9 years old played representative basketball for Kilsyth Cobras where I played all of my juniors.
- Who was your first coach?
My first coach was a mum from school and my first representative coaches were Julie and Josh.
- What are your goals in basketball?
My goals in basketball are to always work hard on my game, keep improving as a player and strive to compete and play in the NBL1 for Kilsyth.
- What other sports have you played?
I have always played basketball, but also played football and swimming. I joined squads and competed for a while.
- What are your hobbies when you aren’t playing sport?
My hobbies when not playing basketball are working out at the gym, running and hanging out with family and friends.
- What’s the best advice your coaches have given you?
Don’t get down on your mistakes, worry about your next step. Always be mentally tough, and give a second effort.
- What advice would you give a younger player?
Advice to younger players would be always have a ball in your hand, practice what you learn at training, be confident and always work hard.
- Who do you admire, or who is your sporting hero?
Kristy Wallace from Melbourne Boomers and Kyle Adnam from South East Melbourne Phoenix. Both are quick guards.
- Do you have a favourite team?
Melbourne Boomers (in the WNBL) and Melbourne United (NBL)
- What do you want to do as a career?
I would love to play basketball professionally, or continue playing sports.
- If you had $50,000 to spend, how would you spend it?
I would build my own personalised basketball court.
- If you couldn’t play basketball what else would you do?
If I couldn’t be a basketball player, I would become a body builder or swimmer.
- What’s your favourite warm-up Music?
Favourite warm-up music is On Top by Flume, T-Shirt.
Thank you Kiara! You are certainly dedicated and a great role model for the younger Vikings. Good luck with your career goals!